Made with Moxie: What have I been doing?

February 8, 2012

What have I been doing?

I've been staring at this blank page for the longest time thinking of how to start, or a catchy title or some sort of unifying theme. But I have no unifying theme. I'm all over the place. It's how I work. So I'm just diving in.

I finished my two Heart Superhero embroidery patterns that I was testing for Rachael over at Imagine Gnats. She's super creative and I read her blog often. (Well, I subscribe to it. I love Google Reader on my Droid so I can read my crafty blogs while feeding Jimmy in the middle of the night.) In any case. Theses two are super cute! You can purchase the pattern from her Etsy shop. I'm thinking of making these two into something, but I can't decide. Tote bags or pillows? What do you think? I am also totally psyched that they were featured over at Feeling Stitchy!


My MIL was here visiting last week. She's quite crafty too so of course we went fabric shopping. In addition to some Kona solids for the Modern Mini quilt I'm making for the contest over at Ellison Lane Quilts, I picked up a handful of rainbow fat eighths. This in the cushion I made from them. Please excuse the photo quality. I took it late at night when I finished it because it is the only time lately to do any meaningful sewing with two sick kiddos. I don't know where it will live yet or if I'll sell it. I'm just a sucker for rainbow colors though.


I think I may make another coordinating something with the remainder of the fat eighths. It is my unofficial resolution to use up a good amount of fabric this year that I already own.

My FIL has been sporting the tie I made for him this holiday from Alexander Henry's Contigo fabric and has placed an order with me for another one. So that is going onto my To Do list. I'm thinking of making a few Father/Son tie sets for Father's Day. You know, when I find a few spare free hours. After I finish the other 49 things on my to do list. Here are some pictures of FIL's tie. I never posted them when I finished it because it was a gift.


In other news, I did manage to put the penultimate coat of paint on the bookshelves. It's my goal to finish that up so this weekend they can finally be assembled in the sunroom. Which also means all of our hundreds of books can be unpacked and their boxes removed from my sewing studio. Which means I can finally set my studio up in a more functional manner. Which makes me very happy. I hope this weekend has nice weather in store. That way I can bring the kiddos our side to play while I get some sanding done on Jane's big girl bed and prep another load of nightlights. I shouldn't complain about good business, but I really expected January and February's business to slow down so I could get more projects done. It is what it is. Don't forget that this month I'm donating half of all sales to Mended Little Hearts as well as all the sales from my two heart design nightlights. This one and this one.

Modern Mini Challenge